- We strive to provide complete care for our patients. Learn more about all the services we provide.
Large Animal Handling Facilities
At Independence Animal Hospital, we have convenient, safe, and efficient handling facilities for large animals. For the owner's convenience, loading and unloading animals can be accomplished by using our pull-through area which eliminates truck/trailer backing. We have a well-designed pen system that allows a group of cattle to be separated, and enables handling to control and move animals from outside the pen.
After animals are unloaded from the trailer, they are moved to a crowding tub which funnels into an adjustable-width alley. This alley continues inside our building where work is done utilizing a hydraulic squeeze chute. The chute tilts and has a hinged floor which allows access to feet for examination, trimming, and surgery.
A gate in the alley allows direction of a cow or heifer to an OB chute which is designed for delivering calves and performing Caesarean Sections if needed.
Our facilities also include an indoor horse stock which allows us to safely do equine exams, float teeth, repair lacerations, or other needed treatments.
- Farm Calls
- Health Exams, deworming, vaccinations
- Coggins testing
- Wound treatment
- Competitive pricing on medical supplies, dewormers, and vaccinations
- Excellent haul in facilities
- Farm Calls
- Physical exams, deworming, vaccinations, etc.
- Pregnancy and breeding soundness exams
- Lamness evaluation, treatment and foot trimming